Salmon Tandoori (Serves 4)
with lemon and chilli crumb – These lightly spiced salmon fillets are perfect for summer lunches in the garden and ideal for the BBQ. Serve with my Potato & Pickle Salad and French Bean Salad.
What you need
8 salmon fillets, (approx. 1kg), skin removed
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 packet of GREEN SAFFRON Tandoori Spice Mix
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
60g fresh ginger, finely grated or blitzed with skin on
250g natural, plain full fat yoghurt
4 tbsp pouring, double cream
3 tbsp tomato purée, rounded
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
3 or 4 handfuls of fresh breadcrumbs
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
25g freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 red Bird’s Eye chilli, finely diced (optional)
Zest of ½ lemon
Small handful fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC or Gas Mk 6.
- In a bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients into a paste.
- Coat each piece of fish all over with the marinade, shake off excess, place onto a baking tray and pop onto a middle shelf of the oven* and cook for 12 to 14 minutes.
*You can cook these on a *BBQ also. Simply remove the griddle, carefully make a large divot or well amongst the charcoal, place the 4 pieces of fish on a doubled piece of foil and cook for about 5 to 8 minutes or until just cooked, depending on the heat of the BBQ. Repeat for the remaining 4 pieces.
- In a small bowl mix the breadcrumb, oil, parmesan, chilli and pour into a fry pan tray, pop on medium heat and gently fry to a golden brown then remove from the heat
- Add the zest and mint, stir to combine. Set aside
- Place the fish fillets onto a serving platter, scatter with the crumb and serve.