Prawns, Peas, Spice & Rice Coriander, lime crumb
A wonderfully comforting biryani type dish, made simple! Wonderful Korma spices, coconut milk, Basmati rice and textured topping. Lovely!
What you need
450g chicken thigh, chopped to bite-size chunks
Splash of light olive oil
1 jar, 460g Green Saffron Korma sauce
1 tin, 400ml coconut milk
500g frozen prawns
200g frozen peas
100g fresh breadcrumbs
2 tbsp light olive oil
Small handful fresh coriander, no thick stalks, finely chopped
Zest 1 lime
How to make it
- Turn your oven to 200°C, gas mark 6
- Take a medium-sized casserole pot, add the splash of oil, place on high heat, then add the chicken and fry for 4 to 5 minutes until opaque and the ‘rawness’ is cooked out
- Add the rice, stir and cook for 30 seconds
- Add the Korma sauce, the coconut milk, the water, stir well to combine and allow to come to a gentle bubble about 4 minutes,
- Add the prawns, gently mix, pop the lid on, then place into the oven for 17 to 20minutes or until the rice has absorbed all but a couple of tablespoons of the cooking liquor
- Remove from the oven, add the peas, gently fold through, level and flatten out the surface of the rice and set aside
- Turn your grill to its hottest setting
- Mix well all the Topping ingredients together in a small bowl with a fork, then sprinkle evenly over the surface of the rice, place under a grill and cook until nicely browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Take to the table and serve immediately with a crisp green salad and fresh chillies!