What you need
4 cloves garlic
90g fresh ginger
Spices:1 packet Green Saffron Madras spices
1 red Birds Eye chilli, diced (optional)
200ml double cream or coconut milk
400ml light chicken stock
1 kg cooked meat or a mix of cooked meat and vegetables
Juice of 1 lime
2 tbsp toasted almonds
Small handful fresh coriander
How to make it
- Grate the garlic and ginger into a bowl
- Add the spice mix, fresh chilli, cream (or coconut milk), chicken stock, the cooked meat (but not the vegetables if you’re going to use them, they’ll be going in later)
- Leave in your fridge to marinate overnight.
- Next day, pour everything into a large saucepan, place on medium heat, bring up to a bubble then allow to simmer gently for 30minutes until everything’s good and hot.
- Add the vegetables, stir and continue to cook for another ten minutes, until the dish is warm, delicious and of good consistency (as you’d like it)
- Remove from the heat, squeeze in the lime juice, sprinkle on the toasted almonds and fresh coriander, take to the table and serve with either rice, potatoes, pasta, couscous or wedges of crusty bread!